Post Lockdown FAQ’s
We are excited to announce that we will be reopening on Tuesday 1st September 2020 and are looking forward to welcoming you back through our door!
Here we’ve provided some FAQ’s that you might want to know before visiting us post lockdown. Staff have been working incredibly hard to get us ready to open again whilst adhering to advice given from the Welsh Government, with customer and staff safety as a priority. We’re continuing to develop our online platforms so we remain accessible to you if you’re shielding or isolating. There’ll be some changes to some of the services we offer and we’d like to thank you in advance for your patience and understanding during this time.
When are you open?
· We will be open, Tuesday-Saturday 9.30am-3.30pm
· Our Café is open Tuesday-Saturday 9.30am-2.00pm
· (Closed bank holiday Mondays)
Will there be a booking system?
· You will not need to book to visit the centre
· We will limit the number of people in the building if necessary and we will ask you to wait at the door on your arrival
· You will be asked to register for Track and Trace on entering the building
Are your galleries and craft shop open?
· Our two Galleries and Craft Shop will be open as normal with artwork on display and available to purchase. We will also shortly be launching an online shop.
· We ask that you refrain from touching any items on display and if you’d like to look at something more closely or would like to purchase an item, to ask a member of staff
Will the Café be open?
· Our Café will be open at a limited capacity, with a limited menu and some take away options available. Opening hours will be 9.30am - 2.00pm
· Some outside seating will also be available
· We ask that you refrain from touching any items on display and if you’d like to purchase an item, to ask a member of staff
Can I use cash?
· We still accept cash payments however we encourage you to use card and contactless payments where possible.
Can I hire a room?
· Our rooms are available to hire at a limited capacity. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01633 483321 so that we can discuss your requirements
· We suggest you book a date/time with us to view the rooms available before booking, to check they are suitable for you
· Cancellation policy: 2 week’s notice – ½ pay, 1 week or later notice – full pay
When will you be running the Children’s Holiday Workshops and how will you ensure their safety?
· Our Children’s Holiday Workshops will be running again from October 2020 Half Term at 10am-3pm and our maximum number of children will be lowered
· Booking needs to be taken in advance or you’ll be turned away. When booking we require a parent/guardian name and a phone number for emergencies. We’ll ask to keep these details as part of the NHS Track and Trace to help prevent the spread of Covid-19. This information won’t be shared, will be kept secure and will be safely disposed of after 21 days.
· Hand sanitiser will be readily available along with our sinks for hand washing located in the Workshop room. All equipment, tables and chairs will be cleaned before and after use. We request that children bring their own masks
· Social distancing regulations will apply during our workshops. If your child finds this difficult during their time here we may have to call home to be collected early
· We’re a public building and our toilet facilities are located on our ground floor. Children will be escorted to these facilities by a tutor and will be asked to make sure they have washed their hands
· If your child is feeling unwell or has come in to contact with anyone else feeling unwell we ask that you do not book your child onto our workshops. You’re more than welcome to book another date
How will you ensure that LGAC is Covid secure for visitors?
· There’ll be a hand sanitising station by the front door to use before walking in the main areas of the building. There’ll also be other hand sanitiser dispensers available to use in other areas of the building
· We’ll ask that you (or the main person from your group) sign in at reception with your name, phone number and time of arrival. We’ll also ask that you sign out with time of departure before leaving. This is part of the NHS Track and Trace system which will help to prevent the spread of Covid-19. This information won’t be shared, will be kept secure and will be safely disposed of after 21 days as official Welsh Government guidelines states
· There’ll be a screen guard at the front desk and café counter.
· We encourage that you wear a mask when in the building. This does not apply when eating/drinking in the Café
· We’ll be creating a one way system when visiting our craft shop, galleries and toilet facilities. There’ll be floor stickers and arrows throughout the building to help point you in the right direction
· Social distancing regulations will be in place, please keep your distance from other customers and staff. We kindly ask for your patience if you have to wait and/or asked to move to another area if needed
· At the end of every day we’ll be carrying out a thorough clean of the building. We ask that you help us keep our building clean by not touching any items on display or other areas such as cabinet fronts
· We’ll have various bilingual signs visible providing customers with information of these changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to email email@example.com or phone 01633 483321 to speak to a member of staff
What if I’m feeling unwell?
· We request that you don’t visit our premises if you are feeling unwell
· We will have an isolation room located in our small gallery space for any customers that are suddenly showing any symptoms of Covid-19. This is to protect other customers and members of staff until help can be arranged
· If you’ve come into contact with anyone showing any symptoms of Covid-19 or who have tested positive, even if you aren’t showing any yourself, please do not visit our premises. You should self-isolate for 10-14 days as official NHS and Welsh Government advice states
What if there is a new or local lockdown?
· If this happens we may have to close again at short notice. We will contact anyone who has booked workshops and room hire etc. to let them know
· We regularly keep our social media, website and mailing list updated with things we are doing, art and craft activities, artwork for sale and more. We recommend you visit our website, follow our social media pages or join our mailing list to stay up to date with any new changes or information